Sunday, August 19, 2012

Deathconsciousness (2008)


With the recent re-release of the album on both vinyl and CD, I figured that I would finally own this masterpiece of an album and rip it myself. Unfortunately, I was very late on the gun on was only able to pick up the CD version. Still the classic you all know and love, Deathconsciousness was the first musical endeavor by the duo Have a Nice Life. The album experiments with rich soundscapes and ambient sections, heavy post-rock and noticeably industrial segments, and incredibly low quality all around. To be honest, lo-fi doesn't even begin to describe this album's quality. That aside, Have a Nice Lfie's Deathconsciousness is an 80 minute experience set across two discs that is simply too good to pass up. I would use the new cover of the album for the post image, but my scanner is pretty shitty and nobody seems to care about scanning that sort of thing anymore, unfortunately. Thankfully, the old cover is still awesome.

a thousand tiny lives
disappear into the black depths
I guess I thought I'd feel something
but I didn't

No comments:

Post a Comment