Saturday, July 7, 2012

Divorce Lawyers I Shaved My Head (2009)


Often compared to the folky recordings of acclaimed artist Jeff Mangum and his band Neutral Milk Hotel, this album is the only release by Jordaan Mason under the name Jordaan Mason and the Horse Museum. From what I've heard, the very disjointed lyrics, similar to those of Mangum, tell the story of a failed marriage between two people of confused genders and identities. The album takes place during a glandolinian war and includes horses, shotguns, carnival horn sections, religion, male birth, sickness, semen, haircuts, and an eventual apocalypse in 1990. Filled with very acoustic lo-fi and folk flare, this album is a roller-coaster of ridiculousness and strangely touching feelings.


my mouth is filled with his ovaries
i hold them: here, between my teeth

2 comments:

  1. Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. Website

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. lemon lawyer los angeles

    ReplyDelete