Thursday, May 24, 2012

In the Attic of the Universe (2007)


The band's second release, back when the band was only Silberman. This time around, things still remain acoustic and very folk influenced, but there are a few more instrumentals this time around. Commenting on this album, Silberman said that the album was written during a low point in his life, where he would often turn to the vastness of the universe to find comfort. He also stated the album has a large theme of religious misdirection, which was inspired by his tendency to find "the wrong solutions" to his problems in life.


And suddenly I saw that I was
Upstairs and outside and freezing on the roof.
Finally it had found me,
The answer, the feeling, and the truth: that I'm small.
I'm smaller than the smallest fireball.

No comments:

Post a Comment